Finance and Accounting Officer
Always wanted to have an impactful role in a fast-growing young company?
Come work as a Finance and Accounting Officer at StriveCloud.
Get the chance to be part of a team that is eager to work with you and where you can leave your mark.
Who are we looking for?
- You are a numbers person with a passion for finance and accounting.
- You have 0-2 years working experience in accounting/finance and a relevant degree.
- You have strong attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- You have advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
- You have good knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures.
- You have a very good command of English and Dutch. Knowledge of French is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software is a plus.
- Working experience as an accountant is a plus.
- Additional relevant certifications are a plus.
What are your responsibilities?
- Manage all accounting transactions.
- Prepare budget forecasts.
- Publish financial statements in time.
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual closings.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
- Ensure timely bank payments.
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns.
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity.
- Processing tax payments and returns.
- Audit financial transactions and documents.
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary.
- Comply with financial policies and regulations.
- Implementation of new software for optimizing administrative processes.
- Purchase responsible.
- General administration tasks.
What can you expect from us?
- Competitive salary with interesting fringe benefits.
- Guidance by an experienced external Financial Controller.
- Working with external consultants for the issues that require specific expertise.
- Immediate reporting and collaboration with the management.
- Wonderful colleagues who are eager to work with you.
- Lovely office environment where you can always find coffee and fruits.
- Sliding hours, where remote working occasionally is an option. The after-work drinks are on your own responsibility.
- An environment where personal development is important. With opportunities for supplementary training and education, attending seminars and personal mentorship.
- Flat hierarchy, where you can make a difference in a small team.
StriveCloud is located at Port Arthurlaan 11, 9000 Ghent, Belgium.
The location is easy to reach with both public transport and car.